Do you like Pina Coladas? And getting caught in the rain?
Ironically – when I was making these Pina Colada Popsicles it was pouring with rain!
Oh Sydney, you really know how to mess with a gal’s wardrobe. We spent the last weekend of Summer with wild, torrential storms one day and humid sunshine the next. Weird.
But it doesn’t matter what’s going on with the weather outside, it’s totally acceptable to snuggle up with a Pina Colada Popsicle on the couch in your trakies. Ahem. Not that I did that or anything.
My iceblock mould is called Lollypop Men. It was bought for me by Mama Sweet and retails for about AU$13.
- 2 cups of diced pineapple without juice – either canned or fresh
- ¼ cup pineapple juice – either reserved from can or bottled juice
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1½ – 3 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 tablespoon caser sugar
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined and you can’t see any lumps.
- Pour mixture evenly between ice block moulds.
- Freeze ice block moulds for 8 hours or overnight to set the mixture.
As we wave farewell to Summer, the Sweet Adventures Blog Hop is serenading the frozen dessert with this month’s theme – License to Chill. (Isn’t that a Bond movie?) Check out all the other fabulous hoppers below.