If there is one thing I like more than pies, it’s tarts.
It’s a great way to feed a crowd of colleagues and looks as pretty as a picture. If I do say so myself!
Add mince meat and then top with a pattern of stars. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
And then Voila! Your Christmas dessert is finished.
Easy as pie…. make that, tart.
- 2-3 sheets of store-bought shortcrust pastry (depending on the size of your tin)
- 2½ cups of fruit mince meat
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons of caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease a long, loose bottomed metal flan tin.
- Lay 1 sheet of pastry over bottom of tin. Press into tin. Lay over second sheet to fill the gap. Press into tin.
- Cut away excess pastry. Using a star cutter, cut out stars to cover top.
- Spoon mince meat into prepared pan. Top with stars and then brush with egg whites and sprinkle over sugar onto stars.
- Bake for 30 minutes (depending on your oven) and then cool in tin. Serve warm or cool.