This month’s Sweet Adventures Blog Hop is celebrating raw food, not just sweets made without heat, but desserts that are completely unprocessed, raw, all natural ingredients. See that way over there in the distance? That’s my comfort zone!
When I told Mr Sticky that we were “doing raw desserts” he was mega-confused. Our conversation went something like this…
Mr Sticky: “Is it like desserts you eat when you go camping?”
Me: “What? No. It just means you don’t cook with heat.”
Mr Sticky: “Oh like you don’t even have a camp stove?”
Me: “NO! It’s just raw food, that you eat can at home… or whenever you want. You don’t have to go camping to eat these desserts!”
I must admit, I was a little nervous about this theme too. I quite enjoy processed ingredients and I’m a big fan of applying heat too. After much googling I came to this simple raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse.
Don’t worry. It won’t taste like chocolate guacamole! The avocado will give it a silky texture and the cacao powder and honey will bring sweetness without the heavy sugar hit of a normal chocolate pudding. It’s a good dessert for those that are health-conscious, or want a sweet hit without the hit to your waistline.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons raw natural honey
- ⅛ cup of your favourite dried fruit, nuts, shaved coconut or trail mix
- In a blender or food processor, add the avocado (leave the seed out!) and the water and whizz until smooth. This might take 2 minutes or so. You want to make sure there are no lumps of avocado.
- Add the cacoa powder and honey and whizz again until well combined.
- Taste the mousse and if it needs more sweetening, add more cacao powder and honey until it’s right for your tastes.
- Spoon into an inidvidual sized cup or glass.
- Sprinkle with dried fruit or nut mix.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until you are ready.